Fall seems to be the call for the end of the year. However it proves to be the start of many new things in our lives... First of all the new school years starts with an early call of this season! So are you ready as a parent for the new school year and the many surprises that will come with it.
Here are 5 tips to help you in helping your children to have happy, healthy and successful school days:
- Your children need to get enough sleep everyday to be able remain alert and be concentrated. So please plan their schedule accordingly. Preschoolers sleep about 10 to 12 hours per night, kids ages 6 to 9 need about 10 hours of sleep a night, and finally kids ages 10 to 12 need a little over 9 hours. Did you also know that lack of sleep for kids can cause irritable or hyper types of behavior and can also make a condition like "Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD)" worse?
- Children need well balanced diets to grow up healthy and happy. Good concentration and alertness can come only with well nutrients. Eating too many candies and sugary, starchy foods may give sudden bursts of energy but only followed by drastic drops of its level. So eating healthy is a great way to ensure happiness at school as well as at home.
- Hydration is also essential for concentration and alertness. Please make sure your children drink plenty of water. And 'soda' and 'juice' are different than water!
- Prepare a suitable environment for your children to do their homework. Turn the volume of the TV/stereo down, best to choose quiet activities while your children do their homework.
- DON'T DO YOUR CHILDREN'S WORK FOR THEM!!! Helping is different and you can always help and/or inspire your children.