© 2012 Sedef Örsel Özçelik

Jan 2, 2012

HAPPY NEW YEAR!

Have you seen this video?  If not please do, it is my new year's gift for all of us.


I watched this video crying and trembling...  How excruciating the pain this young boy had been going through that he was cutting himself.  How hard bullying hurts!  How important it is to be 'me-just the way i am'.  How important it is to be accepted!  How hard it hurts when we are not connected to friends and family!  How loneliness leads to despair...  BUT turning the pain into connection by willing to be honest with feelings and coming out with vulnerability is amazing.  He was painfully well in touch with his needs to be accepted as he is and being connected.  His strength came out of this realization.  If you can read what he wrote under the video, you will receive the good news of what happened after he has posted this video.

I hope 2012 will bring us more chances to be ourselves.  I hope it will bring us acceptance and connection into our lives more than ever.

With my warmest good wishes,

Sedef

No comments: