"You are what you eat!"
"What you eat affects how you feel and how you act!"
Have you heard the above sentences before? We have all become quite conscious about our diets. Cholesterol, calorie counts, blood sugar, good and bad carbs have become our daily conversation topics.
Above all we have become more careful about our children's diet.
Here are 10 healthy snack ideas for your kids (for 3 year olds and up):
- Carrot sticks or baby carrots with plain yogurt dip
- Dried apricots with walnuts
- Baked crackers with cheese
- Grated cheese melt in tortilla with mild salsa dip
- Granny Smith Apples grated and slightly cooked with cinnamon... Serve warm with a scoop of vanilla ice-cream... could be topped with some chopped walnuts.
- Frozen (pre-washed and rinsed) fresh grapes (do not serve this to young children)
- Raisins with Macadamia nuts
- Banana and berry shakes (half a banana, a handful of berries and a cup of milk processed in blender)
- Cheese cubes topped with walnuts
- Boiled eggs with toasted whole bread