© 2012 Sedef Örsel Özçelik

Oct 13, 2009

Involving kids in daily chores...

























"Tell me, I forget. Teach me, I remember. Involve me, I understand"
This is a Chinese Proverb!

So the question is: how much do you involve your kids in daily tasks?

There are two things children love the most!!!!
  1. to be together with you
  2. to be able to do the things adults do
So, asking them to help you with age appropriate house chores will not only help building self-worth, self-esteem. They will learn to take responsibility, feel that they belong to a certain group... they will learn and understand how to be a member of a social group.

The key is to share the experience with them... So don't just give them a job and leave them on their own! But do it together!!!

Have fun!

Sedef

No comments: