© 2012 Sedef Örsel Özçelik

Sep 17, 2010

The nature of Stories (Myth) and their pedagogical function for society.

In his play 'A Thousand Clowns' Herb Gardner makes his main character refuse releasing his 12 year old nephew to child-welfare and the protagonist says: 'I want him to get to know exactly the special thing he is or else he won't notice it when it starts to go. I want him to stay awake... I want to be sure he sees all the wild possibilities. I want him to know it's worth all the trouble just to give the world a little goosing when you get the chance. And I want him to know the subtle, sneaky, important reason why he was born a human being and not a chair. '
So here is one of the subtle, sneaky, important reason, why we are born human beings!!! I love Joseph Campbell :)) may his soul rest in peaceful eternity!!!

Joseph Campbell on Myth (Story) from John Kyle Creason on Vimeo.


No comments: